Peterson Mortuary and Chapel
Peterson Mortuary, Inc.
212 South Locust Glenwood, IA 51534
The Peterson Mortuary in Glenwood, Iowa was established in April of 1962, by Harold W. Peterson and sons John B. and George B. Peterson. Harold had previously established a funeral home in Nebraska City, Nebraska in 1927. His father Gustaf Peterson, was associated with the family’s firm of Honey’s Furniture and Funeral Parlor of Sutton, Nebraska. After the passing of Harold, John, and George, Bill Peterson, John’s son, has continued to operate the firm in Nebraska City and Georganne (Williams), George’s daughter, has continued to operate the firm in Glenwood, Iowa. All have been or are currently licensed funeral directors and embalmers
The Peterson Family and staff believe that caring for the loved ones and serving their families will continue to be a long-term and vital commitment to them.
Peterson Mortuary, operating under the same name and ownership, has served Glenwood and southwest Iowa, for over 55 years, longer than any other funeral service in Glenwood.